Understanding the importance of Confidential shredding
Even though we’re moving into a digital age, printed documents and letters aren’t becoming obsolete. Documents such as bills, invoices, letters, legal documents and more are all still printed due to their high confidentiality.
Confidential paper disposal
These documents are highly confidential as they contain information such as addresses, bank details and other personal information. Documents left around the office or simply recycled can easily be stolen or copied and used for crime or theft. To avoid this, it is always best to shred any document that contains sensitive information.
Some key benefits of confidential shredding include:
- Preventing identity theft. Identity thieves can use personal information from discarded documents, such as credit card numbers and addresses, to open new accounts, apply for loans or commit other crimes. Shredding confidential documents makes it much more difficult for identity thieves to obtain this information.
- Complying with data protection laws. Many businesses and organisations are subject to data protection laws that require them to protect the personal information of their customers and employees. Shredding confidential documents is one way to demonstrate compliance with these laws.
- Protecting employee privacy. Employees often have access to confidential information about their employer and its customers. Shredding documents that contain this information helps to protect the privacy of employees and customers.
- Freeing up space. Discarded confidential documents can take up a lot of space in offices and other workspaces. Shredding these documents helps to free up space and create a more organised environment.
- Protecting the environment. Shredded confidential documents can be recycled, which helps to reduce waste and conserve resources.
For our secure shredding services, we offer secure bags and lockable containers to store your confidential waste. You will be provided with a Certificate of Destruction, which is a document that confirms that your documents have been shredded and that the company has taken all necessary steps to protect your privacy.Our preferred method of classified waste destruction is to recycle where possible. We promote closed-loop recycling, turning 100% of your shredded paper and confidential waste into recycled paper to be used again. We can offer incineration at a waste-to-energy site or deep burial, depending upon your requirements for secure destruction. This is also applicable if you require one-off shredding services.
The GDPR requires organisations to take appropriate measures to protect the personal data they process, including the secure disposal of personal data when it is no longer needed.
A way to comply with GDPR confidentiality is to shred documents when they are no longer needed.With our experienced and private service, you can be assured that your document destruction process remains secure and compliant with the Data Protection Act.
In addition to using a confidential shredding service, you can also take other steps to comply with the GDPR’s requirements for the secure disposal of personal data, such as:
- Developing and implementing a data retention policy that specifies how long personal data will be retained and how it will be disposed of at the end of the retention period.
- Training employees on the proper procedures for handling and disposing of personal data.
- Conduct regular security audits to ensure that personal data is being securely protected and disposed of.
By taking these steps, organisations can help to protect the privacy of their customers and employees and avoid costly fines for violating the GDPR.
Confidential shredding Leicester
Bakers Environmental Solutions also provides secure on-site document shredding in Leicester and Northampton and a secure document destruction service. Documents that can be disposed of include financial and healthcare document shredding in Leicester, along with other industries and services such as legal documentation.
We can tailor a daily, weekly or monthly private waste collection and disposal service to meet your specific needs.
Need a way to dispose of old documents? Get in touch.